Thursday, November 12, 2009

L&B Spumoni Gardens

2725 86th St.

Brooklyn, NY 11223

(718) 449-1230


Today I decided was the perfect time for me to post this blog because yesterday on "Man vs. Food" (Travel Channel), he was in Brooklyn and featured this wonderful eatery. It's fate-- who am I to mess with fate?

L&B is always full whether it's dinner time on Tuesday evening or you're hungry after a Saturday night out. There is outdoor seating for the pizzeria and indoor seating for the restaurant, which I intend on sampling from soon. I have been here many times, thanks to a certain someone, just for some pizza. When I first went to L&B a long long time ago, not even knowing the popularity of it all, I think I was actually just going, begrudgingly. I thought, 'what's so great about Sicilian pizza?' I never cared for it. I've always been a pepperoni and mushroom slice kinda girl. That is, until L&B!

The way they make their Sicilian, you'd want to hit yourself on the head-- it's so simple! It looks funny too, since the sauce is on top, but it's perfect: dough, layers of mozzarella, sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes, and a healthy dusting of Parmesan. To be honest though, if I attempted cooking it, I would still swear that L&B is better. I absolutely adore it and just thinking about it, even if I just polished off a whole pie to myself, would make me hungry for more. It is not overly doughy or chewy and has a nice amount of saltiness and tart from the tomato sauce, with yummy gooeyness from the cheese.

If you're ever in the Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn, make L&B a priority stop!