Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JT's Corner Cafe

JT's Corner Cafe

204 Smithtown Blvd.

Nesconset, NY 11767

(631)265-5267


Breakfast is probably my favorite meal. The comfort, variety, and homeyness of it all are probably the reasons for being so. I like to cook breakfast a lot, but it never hurts to stop by a place and have someone do it for you. I've frequented JT's a few times, mostly out of convenience, because who wants to drive far when you just need some fast, good ol' grease in your tummy after an interesting night with friends?

JT's is a small place filled with locals where you are served by friendly staff. It's got quaint and quirky decor, kind of like a cross between 1910 stuff and tchotchkes. You can even call for take-out breaky!
They have a fairly large menu with lots of different takes on omelets and Benedict's. This time, I ordered the Extreme Benedict. It was surprising combination of poached eggs, sausage patties, English muffin, hollandaise, peppers, onions, jalapenos, and olives. I like that it was spicy from the peppers but at the same time, it lacked something to counteract the spiciness of it. Eventually, the spiciness turned into some kind of funky bitter/sour taste in my mouth.

Even though I did not end up liking this dish too much and I think the ham would have turned out tastier than the sausage, I still like going to JT's because they do have other nice dishes to eat! At this visit, the following pictures are Rich's and Fiona's orders; Dutch Apple French Toast with apple-filled syrup and the Cafe omelet with brie, apples, and bacon.