Monday, January 25, 2010

Caffe Cafe

Caffe Cafe

8401 3rd Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11226

(718) 748-8700


This place has some sentimental value to me and happily I returned here with Rich. It is a little coffee/tea/dessert shop that he had taken me to before, nestled conveniently near the Verrazzano bridge in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn. While it does not offer the most spectacular or scrumptious of desserts, it is a cozy place where you can sit for hours with friends or enjoy people watching. This visit, I had the chocolate mousse. It was okay, your standard mousse, not with much flair. I do enjoy their selection of drinks, which includes various items you might find on a Starbucks menu. Either way, the ambiance, unpretentious decor, and coziness of it all makes it feel like you could lose yourself with a hot drink and good book for hours. And, a perk that I like very much about the cafe is board games! This is that fun little place where you can sit, chat, and play from an array of board games that some kids now would have no clue existed due to the lack of bright lights and noises (i.e., backgammon, chess). Hellooooo technology free and relaxing evening!