Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kitchenette

156 Chambers St (btwn Hudson St & Broadway)

New York, NY 10007

(212) 267-6740

Kitchenette is a cute little restaurant located in the TriBeCa neighborhood of Manhattan. It drips with charm with eccentric decor-- the tables are old doors and is a great place to meet with friends after a night out. They do serve lunch and dinner, but we came here for brunch, which seemed to be many other people's idea.

I ordered the Bridgehampton- silver dollar pancakes with fruit and yogurt. It was not a risky choice, but it suited me just fine. The pancakes were served with some type of strawberry butter. Now, normally I just push the butter off my pancakes because I think it's just plain weird, but oh my goodness this butter was spectacular! Syrup was not necessary due to the sweetness of the butter, but if you mixed the two together, it was heavenly. The butter concoction had just a slight hint of berry and touch of saltiness and was freshly made. If you put this butter on steak, I would probably eat it. Anyway, I'll stop being obsessive about the butter, because the other food was great too! I sampled some of my sister's fare- the Mixed Berry pancakes (scrumptious) and friend, Joe's, Breakfast enchiladas. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the enchiladas, as it was a mix of charred poblano peppers, cheddar, and topped with creamy avocado. The only thing that did not agree with my tastebuds were the accompanying potatoes. Now that I think about it, I should have put the strawberry butter on them...